Top 10 Reasons
Your Students Will Thank You for Using Excel Math
- 10 Excel Math lessons go deeper.
- Our lessons present concepts in a more complete and complex manner so students learn higher-order thinking skills
- 9 Your lessons will have increased rigor.
- With the Excel Math True Spiraling of concepts, lessons move smoothly from one to the next, gradually building on existing layers. With this approach, students see that math concepts are related and progressive.
- 8 Students have a built-in feedback loop.
- Our CheckAnswer system lets students correct their own work. Feedback is immediate. Students demonstrate understanding and mastery of math concepts as they build proficiency.
- 7 There's no busy work.
- Student Lesson Sheets eliminate the need for students to copy problems out of a book, but they give space for students to show their work. Once students have mastered a concept, you can choose to let them skip those problems in their Guided Practice.
- 6 Your lessons will combine math with literacy.
- Create A Problem exercises on the back of test pages along with word problems and stretches combine math with literacy and help students develop higher-order thinking skills.
- 5 You'll interact more with your students.
- Guided Practice after the daily lesson lets teachers help students individually while other students work independently. Activities and manipulatives in the Teacher Edition provide hands-on learning, challenge based learning, and collaborative learning opportunities.
- 4 You can use technology in your math classroom.
- Projectable Lessons provide slides for 155 lessons on CD so you and your students can focus together on the concepts for the day using a white board, overhead document projector, interactive electronic white board, or simply a wall or screen.
- 3 You'll have built-in tools for assessment.
- Homework is included on 4 out of 5 lessons and you get weekly quizzes, quarterly tests, and end-of-year tests. Your Teacher Edition shows when tested concepts were initially taught so you can see at a glance where your students need more help and where they've achieved mastery.
- 2 Your test scores will go up.
- Schools across the country report consistently improved test scores when they use Excel Math. Our unique Spiraling Process ensures concepts are mastered and retained for the long term.
- 1 You'll save money & your students will thrive!
- Excel Student Classroom Sets cost just $11.00 per student (Individual Padded Student Sets are only $19.00 each). Excel Math is a proven approach to teaching elementary math!
Download and print out a PDF file of the complete Top 10 list.
About Excel Math
Excel Math lessons are much more than just worksheets. Using strategically placed spaced repetition, Excel Math gives you a proven approach to teach math concepts for long-term retention, with powerful features
and advantages, including our unique Spiraling Strategy:
Call us at 1-866-866-7026 if you have questions. When you call from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday (West Coast time), a helpful person will always answer the phone. Give us a call and see!
of Excel Math
Lessons: Excel Math smoothly moves from one lesson to the next, gradually building on existing layers. This approach helps students see that math concepts are related
New and Review: Each
Student Lesson Sheet is made up of a variety of problems that incorporate
review as well as introduction
of new skills. Many lesson sheets include Basic Fact Practice and Homework (on the right). Students are continuously challenged with new
material, yet given the chance to continue mastering previous
Student / Teacher Interaction: There is more time to do math because no time is spent
copying from a book. This gives the teacher
time to interact with and assist students who are doing Guided Practice (on the back of the Student Lesson Sheet):
Projectable Lessons give you slides on CD for all 155 lessons in your grade level (plus bonus activities and examples). You and your students can focus together on the lesson of the day using a white board, overhead document projector, interactive electronic white board, or simply a wall or screen:
Self-correction: Grades 2-6 use our CheckAnswer system that allows students to check their own work. They add the answers
for a set of problems (A-C) and compare that sum with the CheckAnswer (D). If there's a mismatch, students know at least one
answer is incorrect, and can re-check their own
work. This is the best kind of feedback.
Merges Math with Literacy: Create A Problem exercises let students express their own understanding of a story problem. We start with simple stories and give students a chance to observe what is happening in the story. They then use those observations to solve problems. Later in the curriculum we ask students to create a problem or two, and make up a CheckAnswer. Finally, students are able to finish a story in their own words, and write several problems about their story ending. This demonstrates mastery AND integration. The format of the page allows longer answers, along with charts, graphs and other expressions of their solutions.
Regular Assessment: Homework is available on 4 out of 5 lessons (grades 2-6). Students
are frequently assessed on how they are doing.
Reduces Ability Grouping: Excel Math's gradual spiraling mix of concepts means
students do not need to be divided into groups by ability levels.
This makes record keeping easier and reduces issues associated with grouping based on ability and/or achievement
get a better understanding of Excel Math, read about it on our Quick Tour...
Click on the image above to download a PDF file of our Top 10 list.
Having trouble viewing? Click here to get the latest Adobe Reader.